How do I place an extended hours trade?
Extended Trading Hours
How to Place Pre-Market, After-Market, and Day + Ext Stock Trades
To access after hours trading options, log in to your account, click on the "Trading" tab, then on the "Order Entry" pane, click on the "Duration" dropdown to choose "Pre-Mkt" or "After-Mkt" or "Day+Ext"
What you should know about trading during extended hours:
- Same low $0 commission!
- Only limit orders are allowed.
- The extended-hours market is separate from the regular intraday trading-session.
- Benefit from the new duration to trade through pre-market, regular market, and after-market sessions with one order. "Day+Ext" order will allow you to trade in all sessions.
- Order Modification - Price changes and cancellations of extended hours orders are permitted before the order is executed.
- Available Securities - Securities listed on NYSE, NASDAQ, or AMEX are available for trading during extended hours.OTC, stocks, bonds, funds, options, and other securities may be traded only during regular market hours.
Extended Hours Trading is available to all customers. However, you must read and accept the Extended Hours Disclosure Agreement. Log in to your Firstrade account and click the Subscribe to Extended Hours Trading button at the bottom of the page.